Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In praise of....

The healing power of red lipstick. Red red red.
I had the odd sensation today of staring at many well dressed women (well done Melbourne ladies), as of differing styles and garb - style hippies, svelte older 'girls' in discrete leggings and boots, sensible firengine red loafers, manes of silvered hair, kitchy asian girls decked out in black, cool boots on everyone - but not really amazing lips.
I have recently noted how often i get stopped and told:
a. Great lipstick colour.
b. What brand is it? Where can I get that shade?
c. Love the lips!
Oddly, men and women comment.
I realise there are those who feel naked without painted or finished lips - I'm one of them. And I'm sorry, lip gloss does not cut it. Or simple balm.
If venturing out, adventure begins where we speak and focus conversations - even with an otherwise naked face, lipstick is fantastic for the soul.
As for the correct shade, that is another post of marathon proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment